The prospect of renting out your home to someone can be a daunting one as there can be many pitfalls.
There are several things to consider before becoming a Landlord one of which is how involved you want to be. Do you live close to the property to carry out regular checks? Are you able to drop things at work to deal with a repair?
Essentially there are two services available. You may want to use an agent to find tenants and then deal with the day to day running yourself. This usually suits those that have more spare time on their hands and also want to deal with tenants face to face.
Another option maybe to get the agent to offer a fully managed service. The team at Protheroe Property have a wealth of experience in dealing with maintenance issues, chasing rental payments, organising tenants moving in plus a whole host of other things that pop up.
Our fully managed service takes care of everything for you and includes:
• Rental valuation
• Photographs & Property description
• Advertising including Rightmove, Zoopla, Prime Location
• To Let board
• Accompanied Viewings including Saturdays and evenings
• Credit check & Referencing
• Drafting Tenancy Agreements
• Inventory, including photographs
• Tenant Check-In & Check-Out
• Transfer of council tax & utility accounts to tenant
• Collection of bond, Registration & Prescribed Information
• Monthly Rent Collection/Rent Arrears Management
• Monthly Landlord Statement
• Obtaining quotes/instructing maintenance or repairs
• Periodic Inspections
• Handling all tenant enquiries
• Serving notices & Extending tenancies
We’ve let lots of properties over the years and are more than happy to offer help/advice even if you choose to self-manage.
Thanks for reading,
The Protheroe Property Team